I give up the life...
It's beginning to dawn on me--I really, really don't have time to fuck around anymore. As of 3:26 am on March 24, I am giving up poker, online chess, espn.com, nba.com, twoplustwo.com, and (new:) drinking in the daytime until the day I graduate.
Bang!
Things I should give up: writing responses, attending wokrshop, watching NCAA basketball, drinking altogether. (A man has to draw the line.)
But, oh, the irony! The first thing I do? Compose a log-winded email to my thesis advisor. The second? Get online to spread the word on this blog. (And I'm guessing the word ain't spreading too far; no offense to the loyal few. And, no, couldn't get statracker to work--you remain unknown to me.) And in all fairness, I really owe it to the posters to respond to the thread I started earlier this evening while purportedly writing at the Black Rose, but I guess they'll have to wait.
Oddsmakers, take a look at the follwing shcedule I've constructed and estimate my chances of living up to it.
Timetable:
3/24- 3/27 complete Italy story + minor revision: snowboard story
3/27- 4/4 Poker story
4/4- 4/19 30 pgs. of screenplay + revision: father story
4/19- 4/31 revisions: CA Summer, Origins, In the Skin
According to the above, I'm going to write 30+ pages of fiction in the next week and a half. Hah.
After that I'll have another two weeks to write 30 screenplay pages and complete a thorough revision. Hah.
And then there's the final week and a half where I miraculously revise 3 more stories.
Yeah, man...if I did that, I would be pretty rocking. Not rocking like a dude with a 'stache and a bike, but rocking all the same. But the reason I lay all this out (beyond the surface function of procrastination), is to ensure a forum for my future embarassment. If I go back on any of this, you will hear about it.
-Ari
Update:
30 seconds after posting this, I started a chess game (not realizing what I was doing!)...I had to forfeit, which sucked, but I didn't make a move, so I think I'm still clean. I uninstalled partypoker. Man, now I'm beginning to feel the promise of new possibilities, the way you do upon moving to a new city...
So far (30 minutes in), so good.
Bang!
Things I should give up: writing responses, attending wokrshop, watching NCAA basketball, drinking altogether. (A man has to draw the line.)
But, oh, the irony! The first thing I do? Compose a log-winded email to my thesis advisor. The second? Get online to spread the word on this blog. (And I'm guessing the word ain't spreading too far; no offense to the loyal few. And, no, couldn't get statracker to work--you remain unknown to me.) And in all fairness, I really owe it to the posters to respond to the thread I started earlier this evening while purportedly writing at the Black Rose, but I guess they'll have to wait.
Oddsmakers, take a look at the follwing shcedule I've constructed and estimate my chances of living up to it.
Timetable:
3/24- 3/27 complete Italy story + minor revision: snowboard story
3/27- 4/4 Poker story
4/4- 4/19 30 pgs. of screenplay + revision: father story
4/19- 4/31 revisions: CA Summer, Origins, In the Skin
According to the above, I'm going to write 30+ pages of fiction in the next week and a half. Hah.
After that I'll have another two weeks to write 30 screenplay pages and complete a thorough revision. Hah.
And then there's the final week and a half where I miraculously revise 3 more stories.
Yeah, man...if I did that, I would be pretty rocking. Not rocking like a dude with a 'stache and a bike, but rocking all the same. But the reason I lay all this out (beyond the surface function of procrastination), is to ensure a forum for my future embarassment. If I go back on any of this, you will hear about it.
-Ari
Update:
30 seconds after posting this, I started a chess game (not realizing what I was doing!)...I had to forfeit, which sucked, but I didn't make a move, so I think I'm still clean. I uninstalled partypoker. Man, now I'm beginning to feel the promise of new possibilities, the way you do upon moving to a new city...
So far (30 minutes in), so good.

1 Comments:
So you want to go to spring training this weekend?
Post a Comment
<< Home