Sunday, April 23, 2006

Update

Much work to do, so I will keep this short and sweet.

April has been my best month of poker ever. I took a few stabs at the NL 2k games, with good (ie lucky) results.

This past week was one of my most productive weeks in Tucson, reminiscent of productive undergrad days. I cranked out a 52 page screenplay, a few days late (of course!), but the lateness was needed to cement my reputation as least reliable student in the program. Ever. What resulted from those efforts, a comedy with many flaws, but nevertheless a few interesting scenes, is something I'm content with. There is that satisfaction to getting new stuff out, even if it needs work.

I also lived about the least healthy weak of my life, ever. I somehow found myself going to bed in the 2pm - 6pm range, drinking tons of soda, with no idea when to eat or even when to sleep. I definitely had more than a couple light-headed conversations, where I was unable to form sentences. Luckily, several sparks and beers last night seems to have done the trick in terms of kicking me back on track.

Saturday morning I tried to buy Tool tickets, for both the shows at ASU and at the Hard Rock in Vegas. That whole online ticketmaster system is a crock of shit, but there in lies a rant for later. I'm now looking at buying tickets for $300 a pop, if I can stomach that. Not so sure.

The MFA is virtually over. I need to finish a story by Tuesday, and after that, I need to finish whatever I possibly can to show my manuscript adviser. I plan to go out with at least a small flourish, which is why I will be heading to coffee exchange any minute now.

2 Comments:

Blogger St said...

Worst. blog title. ever.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

woah. is that you buzz?

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home